Friday, February 1, 2013

Self-Promotion.


 Just a quick note to let all tens of you who faithfully read my blog know that I have an article in the current issue of Covey Rise magazine. It's an interview with Don McKenzie, the director of the National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative and I mention it not to bring attention to myself (small lie), but to bring attention to the NBCI and the work that organization is doing on behalf of my favorite, and the coolest, bird in the world.

Plus, Covey Rise is a very sweet publication dedicated to all things quail, and you should go out immediately and buy a newsstand copy. And then subscribe. And then write a letter to the editor demanding more stories from that Chad Love guy.

And I'd like to mention that I'm also still blogging for the fine folks at Quail Forever, an organization you should most definitely be a member of if you love birds, bird dogs and everything upland. Really, you need to join. Then read the blog and magazine. Then write letters to the editors, both print and online, demanding more stories from that Chad Love guy.

And oh, yeah, I'm still churning out the hook-and-bullet version of The Weekly World News for Field & Stream, as well as the F&S website's gundogs blog.  You should read it. Then send e-mails to the editors demanding more stories from that Chad Love guy.

And finally, I've been contributing to a curious and interesting new magazine called Living Ready, which is the kind of publication that might arise from a flophouse threesome between Mother Earth News, Gun Digest and The Backwoodsman. It's a pretty cool little magazine. You should subscribe. Then write letters to the editor demanding more stories from that Chad Love guy.

Thus endeth my self-promotion for the day...

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Will check out Covey Rise and the NBCI!

    Kirk @ River Mud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just subscribed. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete