Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Blog Changes...


 I feel a bit like one of those interplanetary probes that, after having long since been given up for lost, sends out a short blip to let mission control know I'm still kicking...
I wouldn't blame anyone if they assumed the blog was dead and gone, but I promise it's not.
It has, however, been a strange, busy, and topsy-turvy year for me, and I just haven't had the time, or - if I'm honest - the inclination to keep the blog up like I used to. Combine that with the fact that I've been messing around with all that other stuff (See above. Facebook, etc.) and the blog has, sadly, been left to suffer alone and forlorn (some of you have been keeping up with me on FB, and for that I thank you).
However, I'm currently in the process of transitioning back into full-time freelancing (yep, I've been a corporate drone for the past year) and so the blog will be getting some much-needed attention, maybe even a mild redesign both in terms of looks and purpose.
Stay tuned...it may be a bit uneven for a while as I get back into the swing of it and figure out just how and what, exactly, I want the blog to be (or even where I want it to be, in terms of platform/hosting) but we'll see where it goes. I can, however, tell you this much: even in its current sorry state, this blog is infinitely more enjoyable to me than trying to figure out how the hell Twitter or Instagram can help my career...  

12 comments:

  1. Chad,

    based on I have read of yours I really like your writing -- in fact some of your writing deeply resonates in me (oddly even when you write about fishing, a pursuit that is utterly alien to me) . Unfortunately that is not enough to make a living. As someone who is meant to create a 'public image' and failing, I would not really know if Twitter or Instagram are really powerful ways of advertising a writer. One thing I know is that I listen to helluva lot of hunting podcasts and that might be a way of giving yourself some public exposure (irrespective of what you make the podcast about) -- I get the feeling that some people do manage to get quite a lot of work or sponsorship from that, and some seem to have started from scratch.

    My 2 Eurocents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Federico, appreciate it. I enjoy your FB posts, BTW.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to the new blog. Although your FB stuff is great too. Now, just cause the Bundy's are in their new home doesn't mean there won't be FB fodder out there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Taku, I probably get a little more political with the FB stuff than I should. Those endless memes are easy to respond to...

      Delete
  3. As I said on FB, looking forward to it. If you're on IG and/or twitter, you should link to it here... if you're comfortable with that. There are a lot of Chad Love's in the world apparently. Admittedly though, those are hypocritical words coming from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying tuned, as I have all along. FB is a nice way to stay in touch, but there's seldom much room for substance there. That said, you've provided a little something in that vacuous environment of nothingness. But I think your blog work is better. You know... just for the record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chad - glad you're going to keep the blog going. FB seems to me like a hurried note or a fragment of a conversation heard in passing... but not a coherent conversation. The blog is far richer.

    Nice photo above... your work? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inexpressibly glad to see you've returned, at least a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for it, Chad. There is so much reason for discontent. Including the looming displacement of our humanity by robots and the filling of the skies by drones. We are so strangely intent on wrecking ourselves and our world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the migration is working out well (if it has worked we'd love the new address!). I noticed you abandoned FB -- too much of distraction I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete